Acculign Framing Systems is looking for a Drafter to help our quickly growing company continue to thrive. We design, fabricate, and install a mechanically adjustable cladding support system that is used in high-end projects around the world.
Our company was founded four years ago with the invention of the Acculign Precision Hanger; a revolutionary product in the commercial cladding hanging/framing world. This is an opportunity to work with an exciting product in a growing company that is partnering with innovative global companies.
**Option for Part-time or Full-time**
- Generate 2D construction and fabrication drawings and related documentation. (THIS WOULD BE THE MAIN SCOPE)
- Liaise with project manager and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance
- Design drawings and models from verbal and written specifications that are obtained from the project engineer, developing 3D models by analyzing 2D drawings and prototypes.
- Examine and check engineering drawings to comply with cited specifications
- Experienced to advanced AutoCAD capabilities
- Proficient in Revit
- Working knowledge or direct experience using SolidWorks
- Proficient in creating shop drawings from 3D models
- Assist/interpret high-level BIM design
- Experience in the construction/commercial field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to work and communicate successfully in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes
- 2 + years’ experience